Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Prayers

Just a quick note about two really special people that have been chosen to 'go home'.....

When I lived in Beaumont, I went to highschool with a girl named Erin Cloud (Scott is now her married name) and she always had a smile on her face. She has the curliest strawberry/blonde hair and I remember going to her house so she could help me with dance moves because I was trying out for the drill team (um, no I didn't make it.....have you seen me dance:). I did not keep in touch with Erin when my family moved to Tyler but just recently I was invited to join a Prayer Group for her on Facebook. She was battling colon cancer and in January when I first read about her fight, she was in the last stages of what would be her amazing life here on earth. Erin passed away February 3, 2010 at MD Anderson hospital in Houston. She was 32 years old and left behind a husband and 2 young children. I hope Heaven is everything she needs it to be.

One more person I want to write about is Michael. He was a guard at the US Attorney's Office in Tyler (where my Mom works) for years. He was there when I worked as a student in 1997. He was the sweetest person and would do anything for you. I remember his smile. Michael wasn't feeling well last Wednesday night, he went to the emergency room and passed away after suffering a heart attack. He was 47 years old and leaves behind a wife. Michael is someone that I know is absolutely enjoying his time in Heaven and just waiting for everyone else to join him. His passing was sudden and unexpected, which makes it a little harder since you don't get to say goodbye.

Please say a prayer for these two families, as they have lost someone so special.

No comments: