Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day

We don't have big plans for Valentine's Day this year. We are going to dinner with some friends and I am very excited about that! We are going to try out a sushi place in downtown Ft. Worth called Pirahna. I am a 'card' person so I have left a card for Lee the past two mornings. It is fun to wake up and get a surprise in the morning. I was watching the news this morning and saw that a dozen roses costs about $75 these days! I got a mani/pedi instead! My color this time was Rock-apulco Red! I love it! I am going to Vegas next week to hang out with my good friend Julie and go with her to market to pick out clothes for her boutique. I am getting very excited! I haven't seen Julie in a long time and this will be first time to market. If you know me, you know I love me some clothes!!

I asked my Mom what she and Dad were doing for Valentine's Day and she said "We are buying ourselves a new garage door". What fun! $700 later and that isn't really an expensive one! Lee and I are so looking forward to getting a house and settling in but we don't look forward to all the 'fixes' that come with it. Meredith is plugging along in school and working at the Hampton in Tyler. I must say that I think all of the family enjoys her 'discount' she gets for us when we stay at any Hampton or sister hotel! Thanks Mer! Lee is doing great in school as well and giving pitching lessons during the week and on the weekends. He did sign with the Cats for another season and I think he is looking forward to it. The home opener is May 14th and the schedule is at www.fwcats.com if anyone is interested.

I think that is all for now. I hope everyone has a great weekend/Valentine's Day!

No comments: