Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Weekend

We went to the Hill Country (Medina) with 2 other couples for the 4th of July weekend. Thank you Sarah and Isaac for having us:)

We got to the house around 1:30am Saturday morning. I have uploaded a lot of pictures so I'll just try to reminisce picture by picture.

This is right after we got there, unloading and putting stuff up. I was smiling but I was ready for bed:)


Brandon and Isaac


Our fridge FULL of food.....and wine.


The red wines......whites were in the fridge.


Kaity cooking breakfast Saturday morning.


The house we were staying at. It used to be a school house.


View from the porch.


Another view from the porch.


Another view of the house.


Rain gauge, I thought this was a really cool feature on the property.


The jeep we rode around in.


2 horses on the property befriended us (we had carrots) and I had a great time feeding them.


Lee giving them carrots.


Brandon and Kaity - great picture.



Isaac and Sarah - great picture as well.


We would take the jeep to this spot on the property where we could jump into the 'river' and there was also a rope swing. This was alot of fun. It might have taken me a while to get the nerve up to jump but I finally did it!


The guys about to jump in.


Sarah and Kaity hangin on their float.


Group photo


Kaity and I found out we both love puzzles.


A little blurry but Isaac and his float.


It was very peaceful where we were at. The property has something like 70 acres and we didn't have phone service. It was really nice.


On Sunday we took a scenic drive and came upon these cows. Look at this guy, he wasn't playing around!


Brandon and Lee - it was beautiful on this drive.


The jeep wasn't broken down but it did need to cool off while we took pictures and walked around:)


More of the cows that we saw.


Lee and I


After the cows we kept driving for a while and came upon this stream - it was so beautiful too. We stopped and hung out here for a while.


Mine and Lee's feet in the water.


I love this picture.


The girls watching the guys walk further up the stream.


This is a 'bumper gate', the jeep just literally bumps it and it swings open for us. I don't know the full story behind these but I think they go back many, many years.


That is all of the pictures. We had a fabulous time!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOVE that pic of you feeding the horse. So cute!

isaac said...

Love these pics...I just showed them to my Mom and Sister!