Monday, March 15, 2010

Finished

I finished the Half Marathon yesterday and that was my goal! I didn't have a goal of finishing in a certain time since this was my first Half to run, I wasn't really sure what to expect. My parents dropped me off at the 'runner drop off' area and I just followed everyone to the start line. Of course I needed to use the portapotty one more time before the start. Other than that I had a pretty good run. I enjoyed all of the bands that were playing along the course and seeing all of the different runners....young, old, dressed in costume, etc. I have some pictures below of right before the race started. My Mom has the after pictures so I'll post those when I get them. It couldn't have been more perfect weather and I'm really glad that I ended up running (a big part of me could have stayed home on Sunday and enjoyed just doing nothing:). Thanks everyone for your text messages of support and for your encouragement!






No comments: