Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tyler for the Weekend

We went to Tyler last weekend to run in the Azalea Trail Run on Saturday morning. It was probably the most laid back 'run' we have ever done. We ended up just doing the 2 mile fun walk/run. Lee, Meredith, Lily and I walked the 2 miles and had a great time. It was good weather and we enjoyed the nice scenery. Later that day we had to help my Dad get his truck out of the garage he parks in at work. His truck wouldn't start on Friday and the parking garage is so small that there was no way a tow truck could get up there! I put pictures below so you can see. Picture this: Mom is in the car steering for us and Lee, Dad and I are pushing the truck until the point of starting to go down the ramp. Then Lee gets in and we push him to the start of the ramp and he gets down it without a scratch but it was the scariest thing because you couldn't even fit your finger between the wall and side mirrors, that is how skinny the ramp is!! Lee did an awesome job and I know my Dad appreciated that!


This is the ramp that we had to get the truck down!!






On a side note, we left Lily in the backyard most of Saturday because it was great weather and she doesn't get to enjoy the 'outside' as much since we live in an apartment. Well, Lee and I went to visit my Aunt and my parents were still out running errands. When they got home they found Lily deep in a hole, with dirt just flying out of it. That's right, she is a digger!! Like I have said before......she is our monster:) Here are some pictures my Mom took after she found her.

She had dirt caked to her nose, Mom had to use a wet rag to get it off. She was so filthy anyway, we gave her a bath that night and the tub looked like we were trying to create a beach scene with all of the sand.


The hole she dug is behind her but this pic doesn't do enough justice because the hole was so deep that she fit down in it!



PS....200 days until the wedding!

No comments: